"New LibreOffice Extensions & Templates Website"
Yrrah
2016-12-22 17:01:59 UTC
"Softpedia was informed by The Document Foundation non-profit
organization about the general availability of the new LibreOffice
Extensions & Templates website."
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/brand-new-libreoffice-extensions-templates-website-surfaces-after-six-years-511200.shtml>

"LibreOffice Extensions are tools that can be added or removed
independently from your installation of the main program. Extensions
may add new functionality to your copy of LibreOffice, or may make
existing functionality easier to use.
Currently there are 304 LibreOffice extension project(s) with 680
release(s) available."
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions

That's a lot of extensions...

"In related news, The Document Foundation announced today a new user
interface concept for LibreOffice 5.3, called MUFFIN."
"MUFFIN will be available starting with LibreOffice 5.3 and can be
highly tweaked to fit your needs."
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/libreoffice-5-3-to-launch-with-muffin-a-user-friendly-and-flexible-ui-concept-511193.shtml>

Yrrah
Shadow
2016-12-22 18:52:36 UTC
Post by Yrrah
"Softpedia was informed by The Document Foundation non-profit
organization about the general availability of the new LibreOffice
Extensions & Templates website."
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/brand-new-libreoffice-extensions-templates-website-surfaces-after-six-years-511200.shtml>
"LibreOffice Extensions are tools that can be added or removed
independently from your installation of the main program. Extensions
may add new functionality to your copy of LibreOffice, or may make
existing functionality easier to use.
Currently there are 304 LibreOffice extension project(s) with 680
release(s) available."
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions
That's a lot of extensions...
A lot of them are very outdated. The Brazilian Spell checker
is only compatible up to version 4.x. The 5.* portable installer
carries a more modern spell checker.
Also, I was curious enough to go to the extensions manager
(CTRL-ALT-E), and there are some there I'd like to delete, like the
Wiki Publisher, but there are no delete options. Only update.
Post by Yrrah
"In related news, The Document Foundation announced today a new user
interface concept for LibreOffice 5.3, called MUFFIN."
"MUFFIN will be available starting with LibreOffice 5.3 and can be
highly tweaked to fit your needs."
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/libreoffice-5-3-to-launch-with-muffin-a-user-friendly-and-flexible-ui-concept-511193.shtml>
I'll stick to my CRUMPET for now.
TY
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Yrrah
2016-12-23 14:11:53 UTC
Post by Shadow
Also, I was curious enough to go to the extensions manager
(CTRL-ALT-E), and there are some there I'd like to delete, like the
Wiki Publisher, but there are no delete options. Only update.
So you have to find out where they are and remove them manually.

Yrrah
H-Man
2016-12-23 15:52:07 UTC
Post by Yrrah
[...]
The site just went down (503)

I tried to install an extension just to see and play, made a mess of
things. A bunch of errors popped up and I couldn't get the broken extension
out of the extension manager. I ended up uninstalling and re-installing. My
guess is that what I was trying to install was outdated or something. The
addons thing doesn't seem to work very well and error management is poorly
done. There are some addons available through my distros repos but none are
of any real interest. Of particular interest was copy only visible cells as
I often run a subtotals routine and only want the individual cells showing
subtotals, but I could not get it to install.
--
HK