Photo editor to do this
Mike
2008-09-24 12:35:30 UTC
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.

hummingbird
2008-09-24 14:04:27 UTC
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:35:30 -0500 'Mike'
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
PhotoFiltre does it. Load the image and use:
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
--
"All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed,
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Bear Bottoms
2008-09-24 22:08:04 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
This has gone to the point of trolling...I out of it.
--
Bear Bottoms
Freeware website: http://bearware.info
hummingbird
2008-09-24 22:55:29 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
This has gone to the point of trolling...I out of it.
Yeah IIRC this same guy had a long round of something similar a
week or so ago, and kept asking the same question endless times
even after JC had provided him with an answer.
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Mike
2008-09-25 03:38:00 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
This has gone to the point of trolling...I out of it.
Yeah IIRC this same guy had a long round of something similar a
week or so ago, and kept asking the same question endless times
even after JC had provided him with an answer.
I'm sorry. I suffered a mild stroke a few years back. So there's some
memory problems. Thanks for your patience.
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Mike Echo
2008-09-25 03:56:55 UTC
Post by Mike
I'm sorry. I suffered a mild stroke a few years back. So there's some
memory problems. Thanks for your patience.
That's okay. Sometimes we automatically think the worst of people. Just
the nature of newsgroups I suppose, as there are a lot of strange people
in the world (not me though :-)).

R.
Mike
2008-09-25 06:55:41 UTC
Post by Mike Echo
Post by Mike
I'm sorry. I suffered a mild stroke a few years back. So there's some
memory problems. Thanks for your patience.
That's okay. Sometimes we automatically think the worst of people. Just
the nature of newsgroups I suppose, as there are a lot of strange people
in the world (not me though :-)).
R.
LOL! I admit to being a bit strange but I try not to think the worst of
people. :^)
hummingbird
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Mike
2008-09-25 03:36:09 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!! That got it. Thanks.
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
hummingbird
2008-09-25 08:24:23 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
<Filter/visual effect/fog/white>
...as many times as you like until you get the effect you want.
THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!! That got it. Thanks.
HOORAY !!!!!!!!!!

Hope it works for you...
(Arthur Schopenhauer)
Larry Sabo
2008-09-24 14:44:11 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
See my reply to your other post, which said...

I just opened each of your pictures in LighBox Free Editor...

Homepage: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/
Download: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/lightboxfree.exe

...and clicked one button ("Pre-Balance") and it did an excellent job
on both of them. You can play with other controls to make them even
better, but the were acceptable as-is after this one click.

Larry
M.L.
2008-09-24 22:07:29 UTC
Post by Larry Sabo
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
See my reply to your other post, which said...
I just opened each of your pictures in LighBox Free Editor...
Homepage: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/
Download: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/lightboxfree.exe
...and clicked one button ("Pre-Balance") and it did an excellent job
on both of them. You can play with other controls to make them even
better, but the were acceptable as-is after this one click.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/Larry_Sabo/Picture1tobeedited.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/Larry_Sabo/Picture1tobeedited_LB.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/Larry_Sabo/Picture2tobeedited.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/Larry_Sabo/Picture2tobeedited_LB.jpg
Obviously I'm missing something because I got the same effect by setting the
brightness level to 180 in Irfanview.
Larry Sabo
2008-09-25 01:18:45 UTC
Post by M.L.
Post by Larry Sabo
Post by Mike
[...]
Oops! I should learn to read before I reply. Didn't realize that the
misty, washed-out effect was the goal, not the starting point. Ignore
me.

Larry
Mike
2008-09-25 03:57:08 UTC
Post by M.L.
Post by Larry Sabo
Post by Mike
[...]
You're not missing anything. That did work. It worked even better than Photo
Deluxe when used with the mist filter. I want to thank you all again for you
patience. She's got a pic on the laptop now that's just perfect for her
nature page. Beautiful. Looks like a misty forest. We're happy. I knew we'd
find the answer here.
Mike
2008-09-25 03:42:56 UTC
Post by Larry Sabo
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
See my reply to your other post, which said...
I just opened each of your pictures in LighBox Free Editor...
Homepage: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/
Download: http://www.lightboxeditor.com/lightboxfree.exe
I'm downloading it now. Those would be acceptable.
Larry
Mike Dee
2008-09-25 02:50:04 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
The Gimp

Use opacity slider (you can get much lighter than these), flatten image or
export if saving as .jpg.
dee
Mike
2008-09-25 04:03:39 UTC
Post by Mike Dee
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
The Gimp
Use opacity slider (you can get much lighter than these), flatten image or
export if saving as .jpg.
Got it! This is a better program than what we were all using. Those plugins
must have made all the difference.
Post by Mike Dee
dee
VanguardLH
2008-09-25 05:09:55 UTC
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
Sure looks like the same effect if you up the gamma for an image. If
max gamma isn't quite faint enough, start lowering contrast. Probably
all the image editors mentioned can adjust gamma and contrast.
Mike
2008-09-25 07:03:04 UTC
Post by VanguardLH
Post by Mike
None of the downloaded photo editors will do this faded mist effect. And
this is how we need the photos. Even lighter with no color distortion if
possible.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/summ6.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/z-summer7.jpg
Sure looks like the same effect if you up the gamma for an image. If
max gamma isn't quite faint enough, start lowering contrast. Probably
all the image editors mentioned can adjust gamma and contrast.
I believe several of these programs are the answer. She really liked that
misty effect from PhotoPhiltre. We'll have plenty of time to "play" with
this software since we'll be offline for a week as the home office is being
repainted, updated and wireless added.